- Q. When should we first apply to Good Shepherd Episcopal School?
- Q. What are the school hours?
- Q. Does Good Shepherd have after school care?
- Q. What openings are available at each grade level?
- Q. Are siblings, parishioners of Good Shepherd Episcopal Church, and children of alumni given preference for admission?
- Q. Are foreign language classes offered at Good Shepherd?
- Q. Does Good Shepherd welcome student of all faiths?
- Q. Should I visit Good Shepherd’s campus?
- Q. What admission testing is needed at each grade level?
- Q. Does Good Shepherd have a wait list?
A. Yes. Good Shepherd offers after school care for PreK-8th grade from the time of dismissal until 6:00 PM. Visit http://www.gseschooldallas.org/academics/after-school-learning/index.aspx for more information.
A. Yes! We encourage all families interested in Good Shepherd to visit our campus. Please join us for our Admission Open House or for a Prospective Parent Visit. Our events give you the opportunity to hear from our Division Heads, tour the school, see the students in their classrooms, and speak with our faculty. We are happy to schedule an individual tour if you are unable to attend one of our events.
A. Students applying to PreK and Kindergarten participate in a group test setting that evaluates developmental areas as well as how well they follow directions and interact in a group setting. In addition, Kindergarten applicants also complete cognitive abilities testing through CATS (www.catstexas.com).
Students applying to First Grade complete the AABL test (https://www.erblearn.org/services/aabl-overview). In addition, First Grade applicants also complete cognitive abilities testing through CATS (www.catstexas.com).
Students applying to Second-Fourth Grades complete the ISEE test (https://www.erblearn.org/services/isee-overview). In addition, Second-Fourth Grade applicants also complete cognitive abilities testing through CATS (www.catstexas.com).
Students applying to Fifth-Eighth Grades complete the ISEE test (https://www.erblearn.org/services/isee-overview).
We strongly discourage any test prep courses or tutoring before admission testing.
Good Shepherd maintains an unranked wait pool for all grades. When a space becomes available we present all wait pool application files back to the grade level committee to make a decision. Our wait pool does not carry over from year to year. If you are placed in our wait pool and a space does not become available you will need to resubmit an application the following year.