The Angel Tree program is a favorite holiday tradition at Good Shepherd! In the spirit of helping families that are less fortunate in our community - students, faculty and staff will be able to choose an ornament from our Angel Tree on “ADOPTION DAY”.
Students must have a SIGNED permission slip in order to “adopt” an ornament from the tree. The permission slip can be accessed in multiple ways:
- For PDO, Early Childhood and Lower School: a printed copy will come home in RED FOLDERS on Monday, Nov. 7.
- For Middle School: a digital copy will be posted to Schoology on Monday, Nov. 7, and a printed copy will be distributed in advisory.
- For Digital Permission Slip: Scan the QR code below to fill out permission slip and submit digitally.
** Please submit only ONE permission slip for your child – digital or printed, not both.
Permission slips are DUE to your teacher/advisor or submit digitally on or before Friday, Nov. 11.
Each class/advisory will visit the Angel Tree on Thursday, Nov. 17 to select an ornament representing one of our charity partners (see list below.) They will receive a packet with details for the charity they have chosen and the gift return date (Wednesday, Nov. 30.) Super Santa can be selected to fulfill additional gifts where needed.
- Salvation Army: White Angel
- Voice of Hope: Red Stocking
- Mi Escuelita: Green Mitten
- Super Santa: Blue Hat
We are excited to continue this special holiday tradition at GSES and look forward to your support by helping those less fortunate experience the joy of Christmas through our gifting efforts!
If you have any questions, please contact Cindy Kirkpatrick (email@example.com) or Kim McCabe (firstname.lastname@example.org).
PERMISSION SLIP DISTRIBUTION → MONDAY, NOV. 7
PERMISSION SLIP DUE DATE →
FRIDAY, NOV. 11
- Students return their SIGNED permission slip
ADOPTION DAY → THURSDAY, NOV. 17
- Students visit the angel tree in the courtyard with their class to select their ornament(s)
- There will be an information packet with gift return date and description of the gift(s) to purchase
GIFT RETURN DAY → WEDNESDAY, NOV. 30
- Students and/or parents will bring NEW and UNWRAPPED gifts, pre-bagged Angel gifts, or gift cards to Kincaid anytime between 7:30 a.m. and 4 p.m.
Questions? Contact your Angel Tree Co-Chairs: Cindy Kirkpatrick - or - Kim McCabe