Good Shepherd Episcopal School is committed to the health and safety of our community. As the school continues to monitor the Delta variant of the COVID-19 virus, please note our current safety protocols are subject to change at any time throughout the year. We consult with area independent schools and experts regularly (physicians, Dallas County, CDC, WHO, etc.) to determine the best course of action as we welcome you back to campus for the 2021-2022 school year. Below are the protocols with some modifications from the 2020-2021 school year. We are grateful for our families’ dedication and strong partnership with the school. We are #GSESstrong!
Moving Forward to the Good Shepherd Experience
- All families welcome on campus - including GSPO family events
- In-person Chapel and Eucharist
- Middle school classes will move from room to room, and our younger students will move to music, art, and Spanish classrooms again.
- Physical Education - middle school students dress out in PE uniforms
- Athletic events return to campus for our 7th and 8th graders.
- Music, Choir, Orff Ensembles - Singing will be allowed while masked.
- Lunch - by grade in the cafeteria
- Recess by grade outside
- No temperature checks or Ascend questionnaire at carpool
Mask and Testing Protocols
Starting Monday, August 16th, masks will be required while on the Good Shepherd campus:
- When students are present, masks are required for all faculty, staff, visitors, and students.
- Socially-distanced mask breaks will be encouraged throughout the day.
- Masks are optional
- Masks will be required indoors and socially-distanced mask breaks will be offered frequently.
- COVID-19 testing will be offered to all participants on a weekly basis while the season is in session. The school can provide this testing for free on campus, or testing can be obtained separately by the family off-campus.
- Masks are not required for athletes while actively playing indoor sports.
- All participants will continue to be tested for overnight trips. The school can provide this testing for free on campus, or testing can be obtained separately by the family off-campus.
Keeping Good Shepherd Healthy
- Hand sanitizer stations and hand washing - important prevention measures
- Completed ventilation and air quality upgrades
- Social distancing - 3 feet when possible
- Encouraging outdoor learning again this year
- Required masks on all GSES transportation
- Enhanced cleaning protocols, including nightly deep cleaning
- Protocol Review Team - meets regularly to assess protocols
Procedures for COVID Cases
- Contact tracing and notification will continue for individuals who come into close contact with a positive case.
- The COVID-19 dashboard on the GSES website will continue tracking positive cases.
Quarantines for exposure and/or positive cases:
- Exposure - requires 7-day quarantine from the date of exposure
- Positive case - requires 10-day quarantine from the date of the symptom start or positive test
Distance learning is available only when the student has:
- Exposure to positive COVID-19 case for seven (7) days from the date of exposure, or asymptomatic positive COVID-19 case for ten (10) days from date of positive test, or symptomatic positive COVID-19 case, who may participate once symptoms are improved*
*Please note, students who feel ill, whether diagnosed with COVID-19 or otherwise, should not participate in distance learning and should, instead, take the time to recover and heal.